Dear Huron Diploma Programme (DP) Students and Parents/Guardians,
We commend Huron students for choosing International Baccalaureate DP coursework for the 2017-18 school year. DP students worldwide participate in exams each April and May. This school year at Huron, students who are taking one-year Diploma Programme courses will take exams and have been registered by Mr. Wynn.
As with all Ann Arbor IB programming at Mitchell, Scarlett and Huron, DP exams are paid for by the Ann Arbor Public Schools.
The following exam dates should be noted on calendars:
- Business and Management SL - Friday, April 27 (afternoon) and Monday, April 30 (morning)
- Music SL - Thursday, May 3 (morning)
- Environmental Systems and Societies SL - Friday, May 4 (afternoon) and Monday, May 7 (morning)
- History SL - Tuesday, May 8 (afternoon) - NOTE: This is not a regularly scheduled school day for students, but it is the day the History SL exam is administered worldwide so is the day Huron History SL students will take the exam also. Please update your calendars.
- Global Politics SL - Friday, May 11 (afternoon) and Monday, May 14 (morning)
- Psychology SL - Friday, May 11 (afternoon) and Monday, May 14 (morning).
As the dates above approach, teachers of the courses will be working with students to prepare for success.
As a reminder, students in DP courses receive traditional Huron letter grades (reported in PowerSchool) AND IB course grades (typically reported in July following exams through Mr. Wynn). IB course grades are based on student performance on the two DP assessments:
- IB Internal Assessments: An IB assessment administered at school and graded by the teacher with student performance compared against a rubric
- IB External Assessments: Projects and IB exams sent to be graded outside of the school by experienced IB educators.
If students or parents have questions about preparation for assessments, please contact your teacher.
Dr. Janet Schwamb
Principal, Huron High School
Mr. Kevin Karr
PreK - 12th International Baccalaureate Facilitator