Saturday, May 24, 2014
Wednesday, May 14, 2014
AAPS staff interested in learning more about the upcoming Ann Arbor International Baccalaureate initiative - A2-IB - are invited to come to Huron High School's Meyer Auditorium on May 28 at 4:15 PM.
This session will share IB information and plans as we currently know them including:
- basics about IB education,
- the 3-year timeline for becoming "authorized" World Schools - including the exploratory/information gathering 2014-15 school year (known as the "Consideration Year" in IB terminology),
- details about the three IB programs being offered - the grades K-5 Primary Years Programme, the grades 6-10 Middle Years Programme, and the grades 11-12 Diploma Programme.
In the meantime, an A2-IB website has been posted with information also. Many staff are reporting that it has been helpful. Check it out: http://a2-ib.blogspot.com
Tuesday, May 13, 2014
Tuesday, May 6, 2014
The Ann Arbor Public Schools will host general information sessions about working towards establishing a K-12 pathway of International Baccalaureate (IB) education at Mitchell, Scarlett, and Huron as follows:
- May 13 at Mitchell Elementary School in the multipurpose room from 6:30 - 8:00 PM
- May 20 at Scarlett Middle School in the media center from 6:30 - 8:00 PM
- May 29 at Huron High School in the Meyers Auditorium from 6:30 - 8:00 PM
We hope current Mitchell, Scarlett, and Huron students and parents - and others in Ann Arbor and Washtenaw county who are interested - will attend to find out more about the International Baccalaureate initiative that will begin in the fall of 2014.